Do Green Tea Fat Burners Work For Weight Loss?
There are a lot of weight loss products that simply don’t do the job. They either don’t work or worse, can actually do you harm.
Which is why I have researched the product carefully before adding it to my daily supplement routine (see also ‘How Much Turkesterone Should I Take?‘). You may be thinking “Is green tea a fat burner?”. There have been rumors for a long time that green tea can help you reduce weight.
Unlike other weight loss supplements, research has shown that there may be some merit to green tea properties. Let’s take a look at how green tea may help you lose weight.
Do Green Tea Fat Burners Work?
There is one main component of green tea that could potentially help with weight loss. It’s called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and it is an antioxidant that can boost your metabolism (see also ‘Best Natural Metabolism Boosters‘). Green tea fat burner (see also ‘NutraLeaf Fat Burner Review‘) is a concentrated source of EGCG which gives you more antioxidants compared to a regular cup of green tea. (1)
Related Post: Do Fat Burners Work? The Complete Beginner’s Guide
What Studies Have To Say About Green Tea And Weight Loss?
In one study, they analyzed a group of men taking green tea extract before they exercised.
The men who took green tea extract burned 17% more fat compared to the men who didn’t take it.
The study concluded that “Acute green tea extract ingestion can increase fat (burning) during moderate-intensity exercise.” Exercise is already a great way to burn fat, but this study suggests that green tea can enhance your exercise routine and results.
(2)Another study suggested that EGCG can also help burn fat even while resting. It’s a powerful antioxidant that is constantly working with your body.
Even though studies have shown some weight loss benefits of green tea fat burners, the actual weight that gets lost varies by person. It can depend on other factors like what food you are eating and how much you exercise.
Every little bit counts though, and green tea extract fat burner may help you lose the couple extra pounds that you don’t want.Here’s a quick look through on how Green Tea Fat Burner can specifically help your physical goals.
What Are The Benefits Of a Green Tea Fat Burner?
1. Increases Metabolic Rate
You may wonder how some people manage to lose weight while not even exercising while taking green tea fat burners. Green tea extract can help you burn more calories even while you’re resting
(calories burned doing yoga). There’s about a 3-8% increase in calorie burning for the average person. Green tea extract can increase your metabolic rate when combined with a well-balanced reduced calorie diet and running on a calorie deficit. (3) Overall, a small amount of calories are burned and you will have to combine it with exercise and a smart diet, but it can still make a difference.
Looking for more options to increase your metabolic rate? Check out more vegan weight-loss supplements here.
2. Boosts Energy
Green tea extract often comes with naturally occurring caffeine. Green tea usually has less caffeine (24–40 mg) than an average cup of coffee (100–200 mg), but it still contains enough to have effects on your body. Caffeine acts as a stimulant which helps with fat burning and also improve exercise performance.
Caffeine will give you a shot of energy enabling you to exercise harder and longer. Be careful about taking it late in the day though as it might cause restlessness at night and mess with your sleep cycle, (not enough sleep making you fat?) however unless you’re particularly sensitive to caffeine, the amount found in green tea extract is minimal.
3. Increases Fat Burning
Green tea leaves can boost fat burning and are strongest when combined with exercise. The caffeine and ECGC often work together to produce a better result with fat burning.
How do green tea pills work? EGCG breaks down enzymes which then help a hormone called norepinephrine to increase production. The hormone then helps promote fat breakdown. It takes fat cells and then releases them into the bloodstream to use as energy.
4. Lose Harmful Fat
Visceral fat (belly fat) is actually harmful fat for your body to have. Green tea extract may help you lose belly fat which also reduces your chances of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
You may only lose 3 pounds by taking green tea fat burner, but if it’s from the belly area then it’s going to make a huge difference in your long-term health.
What Ingredients Are In Green Tea Fat Burner
It can vary per product, but green tea extract is the biggest ingredient if not the only ingredient. You’ll want to examine the label to see how much EGCG you are getting per dose. Some products also include other nutritional supplements in their green tea fat burner including vitamins, fruit powder, and others. You will want to determine if you want these other ingredients included in your daily supplement regimen.
Does Green Tea Fat Burner Help With Weight Loss?
Green tea fat burner can help with weight loss but with limited results. The ingredients cause an increase in energy and metabolism which can help you workout harder in the gym and also burn calories even while you are resting. Green tea fat burner is most effective when combined with conditions like a healthy diet and exercise.
You can also watch this video to learn more.
Is Green Tea Fat Burner Good For Your Overall Health?
Even though it’s mostly popular for weight loss (see sleep) reasons, green tea contains many natural antioxidants that can support your overall health. Some say that green tea helps improve their mental focus and clarity, clears up their skin, lowers their high blood pressure, and also improve brain health. It’s also a great way to get an energy shot (see also ‘Is Monster A Vegan-Friendly Energy Drink?‘) without having to drink coffee.
How Much Green Tea Fat Burner Should I Have?
You should follow the label’s recommendation for a daily serving suggestion. You may want to consider how much EGCG and caffeine you are getting in that serving and then determine if it’s the right amount for your needs. You should also be mindful about other additional nutritional supplements that may be included and if you need those in your daily supplement regime
When Should I Take Green Tea Fat Burner?
It’s best to take green tea fat burner as early in the day as possible. You could choose to take it later in the day, but the caffeine content may cause you to stay awake later at night and then confuse your sleep cycle.
How Much Caffeine Is In Green Tea Fat Burner?
The amount can vary, but typically it has anywhere between 24-40 mg of caffeine in each serving of green tea fat burner. This is less than your typical cup of coffee, but it’s still enough to give you an energy boost in your day.
Are There Any Negative Side Effects Of Green Tea Fat Burner?
Green tea is a generally safe supplement with little to no side effects when used properly.
Some people may experience side effects like an upset stomach or constipation. It’s not recommended to take green tea in high doses or for long-term use due to the caffeine intake.
To avoid potential green tea fat metabolizer side effects, (Metabolic Modulators) you should consider giving your body a break from it occasionally.
Some other side effects include headache, sleep problems, and irritability. As long as you monitor how much caffeine (see also ‘Caffeine Anhydrous Vs Caffeine: What’s The Difference‘) you are consuming in your diet every day, these problems are most likely avoidable.
Our Final Thoughts on Green Tea Fat Burners
Overall, green tea has many benefits, especially for weight loss. Studies have shown that it can help with fat burning and increasing your energy in the gym. Although green tea fat burner results may vary from person to person, I believe that green tea fat burners are something that you should try if you are looking to lose weight in a healthy way. I know that it gives me a little extra kick to ensure that I can keep moving through my physical goals and it’s also great to know that it helps my metabolic rate even when I’m resting.If you want to read up more on the best green tea extract supplements, then check out this article on the products I’ve tried and pick out which is the best one for you.
- Green tea extract supplement: these fat-burning pills are formulated to provide you with the best re
- Metabolism support: this gluten-free green tea extract is rich in catechins which have been shown to
- Powerful antioxidants: in traditional medicine, green tea leaves are prized as an overall health sup
- Brain & body booster: contains brain boost properties in green tea extract that work to support clar
- Manufactured in usa: these usa manufactured green tea extract pills contain concentrated formula ble
- powerful yet natural: potent green tea fat burner formula packed with powerful antioxidants and egc
- burn fat fast: fat burning pills formulated to provide you with fast results.these weight loss caps
- antioxidant and free radical scavenger: green tea pills contain polyphenol catechins and egcg to su
- better memory and focus: natural brain boost properties in green tea extract can help to increase c
- american product: made in the usa with the highest-quality ingredients. third party tested to assur
- Same amount of egcg as 6 cups of tea: this ava-certified vegan supplement features 725mg of green te
- Powerful free radical defense: egcg is a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger with catech
- Natural energy booster: green tea provides a wide array of health benefits including support for met
- Memory, heart and brain support: green tea also supports cognitive ability and mental focus so you c
- 72 serving supply: includes 1 (72 count) zenwise egcg green tea extract. non-gmo, ava certified alle
1. Ansley Hill, EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate): Benefits, Dosage, and Safety, retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/egcg-epigallocatechin-gallate2. Michelle C Venables, Carl J Hulston, Hannah R Cox, Asker E Jeukendrup, Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans, retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/87/3/778/46334403. WebMD, Green Tea Boosts Metabolism, Protects Against Diseases, retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/19991128/green-tea-boosts-metabolism-protects-against-diseases#1