The goal of most lifters is either to gain muscle bulk or weight loss. There are vegan supplements available to help you develop your desired physique. To achieve your gym goals, you will need to alternate between cutting and bulking. For lifters, common vegan supplements are protein powders, creatinine supplements, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA), green powders supplements, and vegan protein bars. In addition to these, there are other plant-based supplements. In this article, we'll look at:
The Best 5 Supplements to Take For Lifters?
Below is a selection of the best five supplements every lifter should know about:
1. Diindolylmethane (DIM)
Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a chemical compound occurring naturally in fruits and vegetables. DIM is present in cabbages, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, cauliflower, radishes, and turnips.
Science suggests that consumption of DIM supplements affects the estrogen levels in your body. In addition, DIM supplements are popular in treating hormone-related disorders like menopause symptoms, prostate issues, and acne.
The health benefits of DIM include the following:
- DIM supplements boost weight loss for lifters looking to shed an amount of extra weight.
- DIM supplements help prevent prostate cancer and prostate enlargement
- These supplements help reduce hot flushes experienced during menopause.
- Corrects estrogen imbalance in men, which causes erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, and impotence
- DIM supplements are used in the treatment of acne caused by hormonal imbalance.
To incorporate DIM supplements into your diet, first consult with your physician as they have adverse side effects on people with underlying conditions. However, research shows that the body tolerates consumption of about 200mg with minimal side effects.
2. Monoatomic Gold
Monoatomic gold is a trace element found in gold formed by large gold atoms clustered together. In the formation of monoatomic gold, the clustered particles are broken apart, and each atom remains alone, as the name 'mono' suggests. As a result, the metal transforms into a white powder commonly known as ORMUS.
Health benefits of monoatomic gold:
- Monoatomic ORMUS is a natural pain reliever that is great for lifters as it helps improve performance and relieve aching joints and muscles.
- Monoatomic supplements help in the recovery phase after intense workouts, swellings, and serious injuries.
- Monoatomic gold supplements enhance brain function and mental clarity by reducing stress and anxiety levels.
- The supplements enhance rapid cell regeneration, which helps lifters to bulk up.
There is little research done on the health benefits of ingesting monoatomic gold. Therefore, it is essential to consult your doctor before introducing precious metals into your diet.
DIM supplements boost weight loss for lifters looking to shed an amount of extra weight.
Monolaurin is a monoester of lauric acid and glycerin commonly found in coconut oil and human breast milk. Monolaurin is widely used in food preservation and manufacturing insecticides, medicine, and cosmetics.
The use of monolaurin supplements is not FDA approved. However, allergic reactions from the consumption of coconut oil are rare. Therefore, there is no known risk following the intake of monolaurin dietary supplements.
Health benefits of monolaurin:
- Monolaurin supplements help improve immunity and overall body wellness. It is one of the first immune antibodies present in mothers' milk.
- These supplements are energy boosted as they are from raw coconuts.
- Monolaurin supplements improve digestion and good gastro motility.
- It prevents infections like common colds, bacterial vaginal infections, and flu.
- Intake of monolaurin supplements prevents chronic fatigue syndrome, which is common among lifters after months of workouts.
- Monolaurin has antifungal properties and prevents Candida albicans, common in immunocompromised persons.
4. Pine Pollen
The flowering parts of pine trees produce pine pollen. The pine pollen is from different species of pine trees like Chinese red pine, Scots pine, and Masson's pine. Pine pollen vegetarian supplements come in the form of capsules or powders.
Health benefits of pine pollen:
- For lifters, pine pollen is essential in reducing fatigue after vigorous exercise.
- Boosts the immune system
- Promotes brain health by reducing stress and anxiety levels
- Pine pollen helps get rid of the extra weight.
- Pine pollen is a pain reliever that comes in handy after an intense workout.
- These supplements have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Pine pollen has anti-aging components which slow the aging process.
- Pine pollen supplements help boost testosterone levels, improve libido, boost physical performance and increase sexual energy.
It is unsafe to consume pine pollen supplements when you have pine allergies. Children, teens, and pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid consuming pine pollen.
Pregnenolone is a hormone found naturally in the body. The steroid hormone is also lab-made and made into dietary supplements for back pains, brain function, and bipolar disorder, among other conditions.
Pregnenolone comes from cholesterol, a precursor in the synthesis of estrogen, testosterone, cortisol, and progesterone hormones.
Health benefits of pregnenolone:
- Pregnenolone supplements sharpen the brain and promote memory impairment.
- These supplements reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Pregnenolone supplements are used as a detox to improve organ function.
- The supplements help in relieving fatigue common to lifters and athletes.
- Pregnenolone slows the aging process and other age-related conditions.
- Following the effect of pregnenolone on the brain, it is present in medication used to treat depression and schizophrenia.
Before introducing dietary pregnenolone supplements to your body, consult your physician. Pregnenolone can influence hormone levels sensitive to some conditions like prostate cancer, breast cancer, fibroids, and endometriosis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are the commonly asked questions in regards to the best supplements for lifters:
Are the supplements listed above FDA approved?
DIM, monoatomic gold, monolaurin, pine pollen, and pregnenolone are not FDA approved. However, these supplements are not by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Therefore, prior to including any of the accessories in your diet, consult your doctor.
What are the best supplements for muscle gain?
Protein powders, creatinine supplements, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA), and vegan protein bars are the best supplements for muscle gain.
Are there vegan supplements for lifters?
All the supplements listed above are from plant-based products, meaning they are 100% vegan. However, some companies package them in pure forms, while others mix them with other compounds. Read the components of each product before purchasing to ensure they are vegan-based.
What are the possible side effects of these supplements?
Some of the adverse effects of lifters supplements are liver and kidney damage, irregular heartbeat, low testosterone levels, and gynecomastia.