Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder Review- Is It Worth Buying?
Protein powder tends to be a bit pricey at times. To add insult to injury, some supplementary proteins may not even give the results you are looking for. With tons of new products that are coming into the market, it can be challenging to keep up with the age old question: which product is the best protein? In fact, plant-based protein powders that use certified organic produce and are vegan can prove to be even harder to find.Worry not, though. That’s why we’re here. Today, we will be reviewing Orgain’s Organic Protein Powder, a 100% vegan product that’s ranked with almost five stars on their website. In fact, it’s the top seller among Orgain products.
My team and I were interested to review Orgain since it’s more affordable than most vegan brands on the market. Let’s see what’s this product really about?
*Keep reading to find out which protein powder we recommend over Orgain Organic Protein.*
What Is Orgain Organic Protein Powder?Add Your Heading Text Here
The powder contains no artificial colors or flavorings. Each 45-gram serving is 100% vegan, gluten-free, GMO-free, soy free and is USDA organic.
It’s one of the more established vegan protein powder brands in the vegan community. Lots of users rave about it for helping them with muscle building and recovery, as well as providing that extra oomph in weight loss management.
Consider it a well-rounded protein powder for your overall health.
Products similar to Orgain Organic Protein
Is Orgain Organic Protein Healthy?
Yes, Orgain Organic Protein Powder is healthy. It’s a complete vegan protein containing a simple yet welcome protein blend of pure plant-based protein sources, including peas, chia seeds, and brown rice. Put another way: there are no artificial ingredients added into the mix, which are usually found in most products. Each serving provides 21 grams of protein, including an extra 5 grams of dietary fiber.
What Flavors Of Orgain Protein Powder Are There?
How Does Orgain Protein Powder Taste?
Consumers rate the great taste of the Orgain Organic Protein Powder (see also ‘Nutiva Protein Powder: Is It Worth the Hype?‘) as one of its best positive features.
Many of those leaving reviews stating that it tastes exactly as it says on the box — cookies and cream appearing to be a fan favorite. For a vegan protein powder, taste is usually a big deal. Nobody likes drinking protein shakes that taste of dirt.Most users opt to mix this powder with almond milk (although mixable with other liquids such as water). They say that it enhances the flavors and ensures drinking this powder in form of a protein shake remains a pleasant experience.
With a wide range of flavors under Orgain’s belt, there appears to be an option for everyon
What Is In Orgain Protein Powder?
The ingredients list for this vegan protein powder are mostly clean..
In each serving of the Orgain Organic Protein Powder, there are 21 grams of protein, a minimum (flavor depending) 5 grams of organic fiber and almost no fat.
The powder blend itself contains organic pea protein, organic brown rice protein, and organic chia seed placing this product under the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) organic label meaning that the contents are free of synthetic additives. (1)Nutritionally, it contains all the essential amino acids from the blend of pea and brown rice protein.
The nutrition facts also does not lie.
Here is a list of facts to support that claim (per 46-gram serving):
- 4 grams of Fat
- 0 milligrams of Cholesterol
- 200 milligrams of Sodium
- 160 milligrams of Potassium
- 15 grams of various Carbohydrates
- 3 grams of Net Carbs
- 21 grams of Protein
What Are The Benefits Of Taking Orgain Organic Protein?
Here are the benefits of taking Orgain Organic Protein Powder.
Protein, which is an essential part of every person’s diet, helps repair tissue, build muscle and can offer many other benefits including aiding people wishing to lose weight.
Orgain’s Organic Protein Powder is no different. Providing these same benefits and is often regarded as one of the best products in its category on the market by consumers.
Other powders, often including the ingredient whey protein, claim to do the same as Orgain’s Protein Powder, yet have often given rise to reports of negative side effects. There are lots of benefits you can reap from drinking a protein plant-based powder, so there’s nothing to lose.
Any Side Effects With Orgain Organic Protein Powder?
The ingredients included in the creamer for the powder (acadia gum, erythritol & guar gum) have been known to sometimes cause side effects such as bloating and nausea.The customer feedback on this product relating to side effects seems to be mixed, with a large number giving positive feedback, stating that they did not experience any side effects, while others are saying that this product caused bloating and minor health issues when they took it.
Is Orgain Protein Powder Good For Weight Loss?
Orgain Protein Powder may help you manage your weight without compromising good taste and nutrition that the body requires. The product is one of the few protein powders that is 100% plant-based, containing 0 grams of sugar.
Instead, it is sweetened with organic stevia as well as Guar and Acacia gum because they are easily digestible, offering a delicious flavor with a low-calorie account.
Is Orgain Organic Protein A Meal Replacement?
Yes, you may use Orgain Organic Protein Powder as a meal replacement (see also ‘Kachava Review – Protein Meal replacement, ingredients & Coupon Codes‘). It is stated on the label under the product’s best uses section. Put another way: a large number of buyers are indeed using it as a food supplement or plant-based meal replacement.
You can even shake up delicious vegan protein shakes with this product.
Some ingredients labeled in the mixture help reduce appetite. Customers often leave testimonials saying it helps keep them feeling fuller, for longer. It is should not serve as a complete replacement though. There are no exceptions to the rule – a balanced and healthy diet is always the best recommendation.
If you are still keen on replacing your meals with this supplement, at least make sure to stock up on fruits (see also our article on Fruitarianism) and veggies for a more balanced diet.
How Much Does Orgain Protein Powder Cost?
Orgain offers a number of different sizes (the larger or single-serve looking more cost-effective), each costing a different price to the last and available in all 8 flavors.Sizes available are:
- 2.03-pound canister – $29.99
- 1.02-pound canister – $21.99
- 10 single-serve packets – $26.99
- 1 single-serve packet – $2.99
The one-serving packet is great for those looking to try a new flavor perhaps.
What Are People Saying About Orgain Protein Powder?
The reviews online are somewhat mixed. Over 75% of Amazon reviews rate it 4 stars, but Orgain sports some negative reviews as well.
One reviewer on Amazon, who gave the powder a five-star rating, calls it an everyday or “go-to protein powder”.
This customer, who claims to be an amateur athlete, revealed to have lost 60 pounds in the last 18 months of using the powder – and has been able to keep it off.However, another top rated verified purchase review on Amazon states that this powder caused them “stomach pain and bloating”, ranking the product with only one star.
First time buyers should make sure to take their supplement in the recommended dosage, at least until the body adapts to this type of nutrition.
You can watch this video review from Youtuber Kim July to learn more about her experience in taking this protein powder.
Here’s another review from a certified buyer from Amazon:
Weighing at 215 lbs, my life is now more active than years before – years! I can finally play with my kids and enjoy riding my bike (see also ‘Best Mountain Bikes For New Bike Enthusiasts’) to work. Sound banal, but that idea was impossible at 326 lbs. Orgain protein powder has helped me a lot on my journey.
5-star review on Amazon
Other Plant-Based Protein Powder You May Want To Check Out:
- One of the only greens powders (see also ‘Nested Naturals Super Greens Review‘)
- formulated and marketed explicitly for an older market
- Combines probiotics and digestive enzymes for a healthy and happy gut
- Can help to balance cholesterol and aid in weight loss
- Sugar-free and suitable for diabetic
- Only available through their official website with less transparency in the reviews
- A lot of complaints about issues with shipping
- Slow response times from customer service
- Low potency and high price per serving
Should You Buy Orgain Organic Protein?
This product left many customers returning with positive feedback, while some wound up professing they are unhappy with the results, and have experienced side effects that caused health issues.
The mixed reviews are mostly due to the stomach problems experiened by certain users. While I personally cannot confirm these reviews, I’m still on the fence. Can’t say I’d be recommending it to my clients and readers any time soon, all things considering.
If you’re on the lookout for a vegan protein powder that’s gluten free non-gmo and all that, I would place my bet on the Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein. It may be a bit more expensive than Orgain but it packs more protein content and the side effects are noticably fewer.
Orgain may be a good choice if you’re on a budget, but it comes with a warning. Frankly, no one is keen on experiencing any unexpected side effects.
For healthy snacking, you can try the Orgain Organic Protein Bars too. Our Second choice is Naked Nutrition as they are a newer brand that’s priced between Transparent Labs & Orgain.
- Transparent Labs Organic Vegan protein powder is formulated with organic pea protein isolate and rice protein to help make sure that’s not the case.
- By providing 24 grams of complete plant-based protein in every serving, Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein powder has become a staple for many vegan gym-goers, athletes, and bodybuilders alike.
- The complete essential amino acid profile and biocompatibility of rice and pea protein make Organic Vegan the ideal alternative to whey and casein protein. Even better, it contains absolutely no GMOs, soy protein, added sugar, or artificial junk.
- Naked Shake is the tastiest way to increase your daily protein intake on a busy schedule. It starts with our best-selling pea protein, adds MCT oil, and a natural peanut butter blueberry blend.
- The result is a crave-worthy shake that delivers 20g of protein and only 5g of sugar. Naked Shake only contains the premium ingredients you need to preserve lean muscle and support weight loss goals.
- New look and label, same great product. includes 1 (1.02 lb) orgain organic plant-based protein powd
- 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds) in every serving, no dairy or
- Mix with water, milk, shakes, and your favorite fall recipes for a quick breakfast or snack. use whe
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. this protein powder is great for me
- Downright delicious. our oh-so-smooth pumpkin spice protein powder is packed with clean nutrition an
- Best MCT Oil: Your Ultimate Guide to Top Choices - September 6, 2023
- 6 Week Plan Ozempic Weight Loss Results: Efficient and Proven Techniques - August 9, 2023
- Sono Bello Cost for Stomach: How Much Can You Expect to Pay? - August 9, 2023