High-Calorie Vegan Recipes
Never seen a bull write a blog post about high calorie vegan recipes? Well, you’re in for a treat! Here are four mouth-watering, high calorie vegan recipes that are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Recipe #1: Vegan Chili Mac 'n' Cheese
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 white onion, diced small
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced small
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
• 3 cups water
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend* Optional toppings: vegan sour cream, diced avocado, diced jalapeño peppers, chopped green onions
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Love cake but can’t have dairy? No problem! There are plenty of delicious vegan chocolate cake recipes out there. But beware, these cakes are often made with unhealthy ingredients like vegetable oil, sugar, and all-purpose flour. One slice of this treat can have over 500 calories!
Vegan Fried rice
Fried rice is a popular dish among vegans, but it’s not exactly healthy. Most recipes call for white rice, which is a high-glycemic food that can spike your blood sugar levels. And then there’s the added fat from frying the rice in oil. Just one cup of this dish can have over 700 calories!
Vegan Ice Cream
Yes, even ice cream can be vegan! But beware, most vegan ice cream recipes are made with full-fat coconut milk and lots of sugar. One half-cup serving of this dessert can have over 400 calories!
Just because a recipe is vegan doesn’t mean it’s healthy. There are plenty of high-calorie vegan recipes out there that are loaded with unhealthy ingredients and will sabotage your diet. The next time you’re looking for a new recipe to try, be sure to check the calorie count first!