According to the UN, the world’s population may reach 10 billion by 2050. That translates to more food, travel, housing, and fashion. Sustainable living is making choices that have a positive impact on the environment. Choosing sustainability means having a healthy diet, purchasing eco-friendly products, and avoiding energy waste. When gifting the men in your life, consider sustainable options in our sustainable gift guide for men.
In this article, we’ll look at:
- Essential oils blends for men
- Men’s organic clothing
- Sustainable men’s shoes
- Essential oil cologne recipes
Choosing sustainability means having a healthy diet, purchasing eco-friendly products, and avoiding energy waste. When gifting the men in your life, consider sustainable options in our sustainable gift guide for men.
Essential Oils Blends for Men
Essential oils sound like a “girly” gift; however, essential oils are a perfect gift with suitable blends. Every guy wants to feel handsome and smell fantastic, which is possible with masculine scents. A good perfume will have a man feeling confident.
Some of the essential oil you can gift men include,
Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver has a smoky and earthy scent that is relaxing. You can add the oil to your diffuser at bedtime or when trying to relieve stress. To get the perfect blend, you can mix the oil with Tangerine or other essential oils. In addition, Vetiver can be added to body or face wash.
Copaiba essential Oil
Copaiba essential oil comes from copaiba oil-resin, extracted from copaiba trees. Copaiba essential oil is an anti-inflammatory agent, wound healing, aphrodisiac, pain relief, and a cosmetic product.
Sacred Sandalwood Essential Oil
Historically Sandalwood was used in spiritual and cultural ceremonies. It creates a deep relaxation that comes in handy during meditation or prayer. There are many ways to use the Sandalwood essential oil like diffuse, direct inhalation, massaging on the skin, and adding the oil to your hair and skin products.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree essential oil has a fresh Eucalyptus-like scent. You can add the oil to skincare products, body wash, or mouthwash. Tea tree oil is, however, not applied directly to the skin. Therefore, it is best to dilute it with other oils like coconut, olive, or almond oils.
Peppermint essential Oil
Peppermint oil comes from peppermint, an aromatic herb. The oil has a cooling and refreshing effect. When applied to the skin, it leaves a cool tingling sensation and a uniquely fresh smell.
Men’s Hemp pants
Hemp, a product of the cannabis plant species, is grown for industrial and medicinal use. However, science has found a way to extract usable fiber from plants over the years. Since then, hemp has been used in making clothing, paper, paint, rope, animal feeds, and biofuel.
Hemp is revolutionizing the clothing industry. This is because hemp plants are more eco-friendly, sustainable, and vegan than cotton. In addition, hemp requires little water to grow, prevents soil erosion, and requires no pesticides, making hemp pants men like the ideal gift.
Some of the benefits of men’s hemp plants include:
- Cost-effective: It is more cost-effective to get fiber pulp from hemp as it yields more fiber than cotton or trees. In addition, hemp is easy to farm as it requires minimal pesticides and water.
- Weather-resistant: Hemp plants make an excellent gift because they are UV and mold-resistant. In addition, when worn outdoors, the pants are sweat-absorbent compared to cotton.
- Strong: The pants made from hemp material have three times the tensile strength of cotton. In addition, the strong fabric is durable and lightweight.
- Versatile: Hemp can blend with other fibers to yield quality pants. Hemp pants for men can be a combination of hemp and silk or cotton.
- Eco-friendly: Hemp plants are environmentally friendly as they require little to no fertilizers and pesticides. In addition, the hemp plants absorb carbon dioxide, reducing its levels in the atmosphere.
Men’s Organic Clothing
Men’s organic clothing is made from natural fabrics like hemp, organic cotton, and bamboo. Organic clothing makes an ideal gift for men as you have a range to choose from. Men’s organic clothing are jackets, underwear, hoodies, printed t-shirts, jumpers, shirts, and accessories.
When shopping for men's organic clothing, there are a couple of factors you ought to consider, such as:
- Natural or organic fabric: When shopping for sustainable, organic, and natural fabrics, consider options like modal, Tencel, organic cotton, hemp, and ethical wool. Check the labels and certifications to support the claim of the clothes being organic.
- Corporate responsibility: Looking at corporate responsibility is beyond the material and organic fabric. It looks into what the company stands for and its impact on the people and the planet.
- Ethical sourcing : When it comes to ethical sourcing, you are interested in making materials and fabric. But, are the conditions fair and safe for their employees? Look for Fairtrade certification to ensure the producers fairly compensate their workers.
Sustainable Men’s Shoes
Estimates show that the footwear industry produces 24.3billion pairs of shoes for the 8 billion world population. However, nearly 300 million of the population can barely afford shoes. This statistic indicates how the footwear industry is a threat to the environment.
When buying men's gifts, consider sustainable mens shoes like boots, sneakers, and sandals. Sustainable shoes come from a high-quality material which makes them durable. It would be best to know who, where, and how the shoes are produced before purchasing.
Sustainable shoes are made from organic cotton, recycled rubber, wool, jute, or recycled water bottles. Some brands use sugarcane or algae to make the soles. In addition, leather has sustainable options, like vegetable-tanned leather and chrome-free leather.
It is a hustle to find shoes that are 100% sustainable. However, it isn’t difficult to find brands with shoes that match our ethics.
Essential Oil Cologne Recipes
Following a recipe for an essential oil blend for cologne could be a nice gift for men. Putting in the effort makes the cologne makes the gift more sentimental.
To make cologne with essential oils, you will need a couple of items like a mini funnel, 1 part with hazel, distilled or purified water, a glass cologne bottle, and the essential oils. The DIY instructions require you to measure the proportions correctly and follow the recipes.
Some of the essential oil cologne recipes include,
- Mancave - 10- drops fennel, 5- drops bergamot, and 5- drops cedarwood
- Rugged - 10- drops Sandalwood, 5- drops black pepper, and 5- drops myrrh
- Whiskey and lime - 10- drops lime, 5- drops roman chamomile, and 15- drops Sandalwood
- Midnight musk - 10- drops clove, 10- drops juniper, 5 drops rosemary, and 5- drops lemon verbena.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions concerning sustainable gifts for men.
Are health supplements considered a sustainable gift for men?
Health supplements make great gifts, especially for those looking to gain muscle or shed extra weight. These health supplements are protein powders, collagen supplements, or BCAA supplements. Introducing men in your life to a healthier plant-based diet will make them fit and live longer.
What does it mean when a gift is sustainable?
This is “gifting mindfully” what someone wants or needs. The said gift should be of high quality to sustain you for a while. In addition, the present is eco-friendly.
What are some of the environmentally friendly gifts for him?
He has various eco-friendly gifts, ranging from essential oils, organic clothing, sustainable shoes, and mens hemp pants.