The vegetarian/vegan mdelivery services used to be limited, but we’re starting to see some great new companies step onto the market.
If you're looking to get fresh vegan meals delivered double weekly to your front door (and in doing so step up your weight loss game), then look no further than the up and coming company from Los Angeles - Vegin’ Out. Not only do they deliver across Southern California, but they handle shipment nationwide, too.
Read our review to find out all about their pricing, menu (side dishes, tasty soups, main vegan and vegetarian meals), as well as how Vegin’ Out compares to other weekly vegetarian meal delivery services.
What Is Vegin’ Out?
Based in Los Angeles, Southern California, Vegin’ Out is a company that offers single weekly vegetarian/vegan meal delivery services.
They focus on simple, healthy, organic, tasty, and well-balanced meals that provide proper nutrition at a supposedly affordable cost.
Like most meal orders and mainly vegan meal orders, they are primarily offering convenience or an easy way to try out the new diet without the fuss of having to do it without help. With such a promising weekly vegan meal delivery service in its ranks, it comes as no surprise that Los Angeles is considered one of the hottest vegan cities in the world.
I love Vegin’ Out, it’s so yummy! Even if you’re not vegan, give it a try, cause who wouldn't want delicious healthy food all prepared and brought right to your doorstep.
- Alicia Silverstone, Actress and Animal Rights Activist.
Sample Vegan Meals From Vegin’ Out
Vegin’ Out likes to focus on just a few dishes a week so they can not only scale up the amount they can send out, but also the attention paid to each recipe.
The menu will change week to week, and from what we can tell features a wide variety of different vegan meals - all made from organic ingredients.
In this review, let’s take a look at the meal plan from the week we ordered so you can get a reference of what to expect.
Vegetable jalfrezi with carrots, cauliflower, peas, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, spices, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, salt
- Chili with mixed beans, tempeh, onion, bell pepper, celery, tomato, spices.
- Chimichurri tofu and veggies with tofu, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic, red wine vinegar, chili flakes, salt.
Vegan Side Dishes
Cumin scented green beans made with green beans, onion, tomatoes, spices, salt.
- Oil-free cheezy mac made with pasta, cashews, spices, miso, lemon juice, salt.
- Argentinian tomato rice made with brown rice, tomatoes, onion, red wine vinegar, saffron, cilantro, garlic, spices, salt.
- Kale with roasted garlic vinaigrette made with kale, garlic, almonds, red cabbage, Dijon mustard, parsley, salt.
- Lovely oil-free vegan soup made from carrots, onions, ginger, almond milk, spices, and salt.
- Almond shortbread vegan cookies made from organic unbleached flour, organic evaporated cane juice, brown sugar, vegan margarine, almond meal, almonds, vanilla, egg replacer, baking powder, and salt.
- Power oats made from gluten-free rolled oats, chia seed, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, almonds, and salt.
How Does It Compare to Other Vegan Meal Delivery Services?
With the vegetarian/vegan meal order options at most mainstream delivery service providers limited to one or two vegetarian/vegan dishes, it makes sense to only compare Vegin’ Out to other plant-based meal order services.
How Much Does Vegin’ Out Cost?
The cost per serving of Vegin’ Out works out a little cheaper than the majority of vegetarian/vegan meal order services. Despite the price, the meal plan options they provide certainly don’t skimp in terms of size or flavor.
For a week’s worth of food, though, you will be looking upwards of $100. The double weekly vegetarian/vegan option is at around $360 if you’re outside California.
When it comes to convenience, you can always expect the price to be high.
There is nothing more convenient than having your meals planned, pre-packaged, and sent to your door and so the cost is expectedly high.
While vegan meal order services don’t have to pay for expensive meats and other animal products, it seems the price is still equivalent.
What’s On The Vegin’ Out Menu?
Unlike other weekly vegan meal order services, you choose between the single weekly vegetarian/vegan meal for one person or the double weekly vegetarian/vegan meal option for two, and your food is selected for you.
If there is a dish you know you don’t like coming up, you cannot opt-out, and with menus announced as they come and with such huge savings and focus on pushing subscription discounts, this is a problem.
I only ordered a single purchase of the single weekly vegetarian/vegan meal plan, which means I didn’t have to deal with trying to amend, change, or cancel a subscription.
Overcomplication of cancellation is a problem that plagues numerous meal delivery companies.
Hopefully, it’s not true here, and typically I think most like me order when and what they want.
How Does The Vegin’ Out Menu Taste?
They are big on bold and exciting flavors that are as healthy as they are delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the meals Vegin’ Out sent me.
I have tried many other vegan meal order services, and Vegin’ Out, like the rest of them, proves just how great plant-based living can be.
The stand out entree for me in my box was the chimichurri tofu. Using the red wine vinegar and chili flake marinade makes an impact, while the recipe also taught me how to cook the tofu to a texture and consistency that I have failed to do on my own.
If I had known ordering weekly vegan dishes from Vegin’ Out would make me a better cook, I would have done it sooner.
Can You Mix And Match Vegin’ Out?
While they do advertise the ability to mix and match your entrees and vegan side dishes for a variety of flavors, Vegin’ Out doesn’t have quite as much you will be eating the same thing at least once or twice a week.
When you compare the Vegin’ Out menu to other weekly vegan meals delivery services, you might find it a little lacking.
However, the menu itself offers a wide variety of different recipes and dishes that make the most of the vegan diet and lifestyle.
With my single weekly vegan meal delivery service, I was never bored.
Is Vegin’ Out Environment-Friendly?
While the environmental impact of having your meals delivered to your door may be less than you think it may be better than shopping for yourself , it is also a shame to see so much plastic used.
Vegin’ Out works like the rest of the brands in the industry - they say that they are responsible and doing everything they can to uphold the tenets of veganism. But to be candid, there is still room for improvement.
The problem arises from the fact they need to make sure their food doesn’t spoil, and they can’t be sure how long it will be out on a porch, for example. So they put insurance insulation and wrapping to protect it, which tends to create unnecessary waste.
- Huge portions of delicious food that you can make in bulk to further convenience
- A variety of entrees and side dishes to choose from and mix and match to your tastes
- Delivers nationwide with recurring and single purchase plans
- A great selection of optional extras such as the delicious vegan cookies
- The delightful recipes can teach you how to experiment with and improve your plant-based diet
- Healthy and nutritionally balanced meals help to ensure your body has exactly what it needs
The upfront cost can seem exclusively expensive
- The vegan meal orders come in a box that is full of individually plastic-wrapped items that can be hard to justify
Would I Use Vegin’ Out Again?
I personally prefer Trifecta over Vegin' Out.
If you’re interested in vegan meal order services, I'd rather recommend you give
They’re one of the best there is, and for me, it’s practically as good as an easy vegan cookery class.
Best Vegan Meal Delivery Services
Offers large meal plan varieties - Keto, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Classic Organic ingredients Utilizes low carbon footprint Delivers fully-cooked meals at your doorstep
- Get the BEST PRICE until end of November
- Travis Barker Is Vegan
His Diet, Workout & Personal Story Revealed - November 4, 2020
- Sakara Life Review
Is This Food Delivery Service Any Good? - November 3, 2020
- How To Become The Ultimate Vegan Triathlete
Nutrition Tips Revealed - November 2, 2020