Best moisturizer for aging skin over 6-Despite the lines and other unique skin issues that welcome you into your 60s, there are still many products and procedures that can minimize the effects of aging and make you feel much better about yourself. Here we’ve presented a complete catalog of products to smooth both your skin and entry into what may be the best years of your life. As you’ll discover, the prices of these products range from low to high. Specifically, we focus on the following product and process categories:
- Skin Care Categories
- The Best Skin Care Routine and Products for 60-year-olds
- Best Moisturizer for Aging Skin Over 60
- Best Lifting and Firming Face Cream
Skin Care Categories
If you become completely overwhelmed at the array of skin care products and what they are used for when you go into a store or peruse products online, you are not alone. The basic skin care product categories include the following:
It’s important to keep skin clean and vibrant, but the products you should use in your 60’s are not the same ones you used in your 20’s.
We mention them here as a beauty category product, but they are not good for mature skin. They serve to remove dead skin and open pores, but mature skin is typically dry and exfoliates naturally.
Simply put – the right serums are a healthy and effective treatment for aging skin. Many contain retinols and peptides which encourage your skin to produce collagen. They also hydrate and moisturize dry skin. Apply serum after cleansing and under your moisturizer.
Applying a moisturizer to your skin is an absolute must to keep it glowing and youthful.
Toners are good to use after a general face cleansing. They remove traces of makeup, reduce pores, and regulate the skin’s pH balance. One important caveat is to avoid toners that contain alcohol as they are harsh on more delicate mature skin.
We are all self-conscious about the fine lines under and around our eyes. Many products are available that combat puffiness, wrinkles, and circles around and under the eyes. Look for products that contain retinol or peptide creams to use at night which promote the production of collagen.
The Best Skin Care Routine and Products for 60-year-olds
So how can you sort through the myriad products to find the best ones for your 60-year-old skin care routine? Listed below are a number of highly rated options.
Best Skin Care Cleanser for Aging Skin Over 60
Dove Beauty Bar
One classic and ultimately simple cleanser is Dove Beauty Bar. This icon product, which contains moisturizing cream, won’t remove valuable natural oils from your skin. You can find Dove in any grocery or discount stores such as Walmart.
Several other cleansing products for mature skin include:
- Olay Anti Wrinkle Face Wash: The beads in this product give you a gentle exfoliating action while adding anti-aging ingredients.
- Skinfix Barrier + Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser: A bit on the pricier side, this cleanser cleanses deeply into the pores without drying the skin. The result is smooth, soft skin.
Best Moisturizer for Aging Skin Over 60
- Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30: A gentle product that provides excellent protection from the sun.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Face Moisturizer: After the first application, this product diminishes fine lines and wrinkles. It also delivers moisture deeply into multiple skin layers.
Many women over 60 ask: what is the best procedure for under eye wrinkles? The secret to successfully rejuvenating this sensitive area is to use the best products specifically formulated to address the aging.
- Collagen Peptide 24 Max by Olay: With this product, you will get 24 solid hours of undereye hydration without greasy or sticky residues.
- Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Multi Action Eye Cream: This product brightens, hydrates and eliminates puffiness under and around the eyes. Recommended by dermatologists to use twice daily.
- Vital Protection Uplifting and Firming Eye Cream: This product claims to improve your eye firmness within a single week.
Best Lifting and Firming Face Cream
One of the main complaints from women over 60 is sagging skin. Lifting and firming creams are one way to combat this annoying skin issue. Here are several creams that come highly recommended for firming your skin.
- Elastalift Collagen Body Cream Moisturizing Lotion for Lifting, Firming, and Tightening Skin: This is a long last cream you can use on your entire body to plumb, firm, and hydrate your skin.
- Instant Face Lift Cream: Enjoy an “instant lift” in this product produced by a small, family-owned business.
- Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Contour Lift Face Cream: This is a daily-use cream that moisturizes your face and firms, lifts, and reduced the look of wrinkles.
Just as important as taking care of your skin is taking care of your mind, spirit, and entire body. Exercise is a vital part of this equation and something you can do at any age. Plus, exercise gives a natural glow to your face and firms the muscles of your body. So, take complete care of your entire body for your health and overall well-being.