Protein powders have become a vital part of any workout routine. Protein helps muscles grow and repair. It can also make up for missing nutrition. As a vegan, you can pick and choose between numerous protein powder types and brands. However, not all of them are created equal.
There are numerous brands out there, and each claims it produces the best protein powder for vegans. Which brand should you trust, then? That’s an excellent question. At Vegan Liftz, we’ve tried many different vegan protein powders, and one of the producers we can sincerely recommend is Olly.
Olly protein powder is one of the most popular products available. It’s a hundred percent vegan and made of top-quality plant-based ingredients, providing its users with a plethora of benefits. Does it live up to the hype? This is the question the following review is going to answer. If you’re wondering whether switching to Olly protein powder is worth it, our comprehensive review will dispel any doubts you may have.
First things first, we need to clarify who we are even talking about. Launched in 2014, Olly is a San Francisco-based company that’s mostly recognized for its quality and affordable vitamin supplements. Their most popular products include various types of vitamin supplement gummies, but they also manufacture vegan protein powders we focus on in this review.
In general, Olly is already a reputable brand, and its products are well-known for their health benefits, quality ingredients, and affordable prices. Does Ollu protein powder follow the same positive trend? We’ll discuss that in the next part of the article.
How Does Olly Protein Powder Work?
As a vegan, you know better than anyone that maintaining the recommended amount of proteins in your diet doesn’t come easy. Despite its countless benefits, a vegan diet may not be able to provide enough proteins for our bodies to function at their absolute best. This is where Olly protein powder comes into play.
It’s a fully vegan and plant-based protein powder that is easy to digest and doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals. Adding Olly products to your daily vegan diet will increase your protein intake, ensuring you meet all your nutritional needs without betraying your vegan principles.
Whether you’re on a vegan bodybuilding diet plan or just want to improve your overall well-being, Olly will provide you with the best results. Their protein powder can enhance muscle strength, reduce inflammation, and even improve digestion. It’s the perfect product for any vegan who struggles with a proper protein intake.
Are Olly Products 100% Vegan?
Yes, all Olly protein powders are entirely natural and vegan. Olly uses non-GMO-based pea protein and flaxseed when making their powders. All the ingredients are natural, and their products don’t contain any harmful chemicals. The pea protein itself is rich in arginine, which is an effective and top-quality alternative to soy or dairy.
Indeed, arginine is one of the reasons why Olly protein powders are so beneficial. It helps the human body form proteins, providing numerous health benefits when dealing with high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, and even anxiety.
The only problem with plant-based proteins like Olly powders is that they may be harder to digest than traditional whey-based proteins. Whey powders are diary-based and are the most popular among athletes due to their high protein and amino acids content. If you’re a vegan, though, you can rest assured that Olly protein powder will provide you with similar benefits.
Olly Protein Powder Nutritional Facts, Ingredients, and Packaging
Olly vegan protein powder contains 130 calories, 2 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar, 0 grams of cholesterol, and 18 grams of protein per serving. One bottle contains 12 servings, which may not be overly impressive but is more than enough for us.
What we find a bit concerning is how low it is in fiber. It helps our bodies digest protein faster, and since plant-based protein powders are often more difficult to digest, it would be better if it was a bit higher in fiber.
As for the amount of protein, 18 grams means that Olly powder falls slightly behind its competition. It should still serve your needs, though, so don’t worry about that. On the other hand, the sugar content is slightly higher than its competitors. What’s great about Olly powder is how low it is in calories.
Long story short, the combination of ingredients will certainly work its purpose, providing numerous nutritional benefits for your workout routine and overall health.
Olly Protein Powder Ingredients
As covered, Olly protein powder is a hundred percent vegan. Their products contain only natural ingredients, ensuring all your nutritional needs are met. When it comes to Olly protein powder, they contain the following:
- Flaxseed. Flaxseed is full of beneficial nutrients vital for your body to function properly. Flax seeds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, which can provide you with numerous benefits, decreasing the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Fiber. As mentioned, plant-based protein powder is harder to digest. Olly products contain fiber, improving digestion and decreasing potential mild constipation common after consuming plant-sourced proteins.
- Cocoa powder. Cocoa powder comes with numerous health benefits. For instance, it contains polyphenols, which are natural deoxidants that lower cholesterol levels within the body. It also reduces the nitric oxide level. Olly protein powder takes good advantage of the cocoa powder properties, allowing you to reap its many benefits when consuming the protein powder.
- Stevia extract. Stevia extract is a great alternative to table sugar. It’s almost two hundred times sweeter and much healthier than table sugar, providing numerous benefits to people with diabetes, children, and pregnant women. It keeps Olly protein powders maintaining their sweet natural taste with a lower calorie intake.
- Pea protein. Pea protein is a common ingredient used in many protein powders. It’s high in iron, helping muscle grow, improving cardiovascular health, and strengthening an immune system. It also controls appetite, providing great help when losing weight.
- Monk fruit. This delicious Chinese fruit is a well-known sugar substitute. It comes with anti-inflammatory properties, providing Olly powder with a more natural flavor.
- Sugarcane. Sugarcane is rich in magnesium, iron, calcium, and many other electrolytes that can boost your body’s metabolism and prevent dehydration. It’s also full of antioxidants, vital for your body to fight allergies and infections.
- Natural flavors. Olly protein powders don’t contain harmful and artificial chemicals to enhance flavor. Instead, they only use natural flavors that make their powder tastes even more delicious while maintaining all its beneficial properties.
Packaging may not be the most important factor when it comes to choosing your protein powder. However, even here, Olly strives for perfection. The packaging is very appealing, and each powder comes with a scoop, ensuring a user knows the right amount of powder they should consume. Olly wants to deliver the best product at a reasonable price, and its packaging is the perfect example of that.
Olly Protein Powder Flavors
It’s always great if the protein powder tastes good. It certainly adds to the entire experience, making it much easier to incorporate it into your diet. When it comes to Olly protein powder, you can rest assured that it will taste delicious. What’s more, you can opt for three different flavors - vanilla, chocolate, and peanut butter - all coming at affordable prices and with top-quality ingredients.
Vanilla-flavored Olly protein powder is an absolute classic. If you love that sweet yet subtle vanilla flavor, this protein powder is a perfect choice. It tastes delicious while maintaining its beneficial natural properties.
Is there a human being who isn’t fond of chocolate? Probably not. Olly uses only natural and vegan blends of chocolate in its protein powders, enhancing their overall taste. If combining chocolate flavor with the health benefits of protein powders is something you find appealing, then the Olly chocolate vegan protein powder is definitely something you’ll love.
A peanut butter-flavored protein powder may seem a bit unusual at first. However, once you add one or two scoops of Olly peanut butter vegan protein powder to your favorite drink, you’ll never want to use another powder again.
Pros and Cons of Olly Protein Powder
If you’re looking for a vegan protein powder that will boost your health and athletic performance, Olly is the brand to choose. Their range of protein powders is fantastic, providing you with several opportunities to increase your protein intake.
As you can already see after reading the paragraphs above, there are numerous advantages coming with Olly protein powder. However, there are also several potential cons you should consider before making your purchase.
Summing it all up, Olly protein powder’s list of pros and cons includes:
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- No harmful chemicals
- Comes with numerous health benefits, such as reduced inflammation and improved muscle strength
- Affordable and secure solution for increasing protein intake
- Delicious in taste and easy to incorporate into the vegan diet
- It isn’t as rich in proteins as many other vegan protein powder counterparts
- Like other plant-based protein powders, Olly products are harder to digest
Olly protein powder is a fantastic choice for any vegan or vegetarian looking to increase their protein intake. As a reputable and recognized brand, Olly provides top-quality products, all made with organic ingredients and a natural and delicious flavor many other brands can’t match.
Is Olly protein powder the best choice for vegans? We wouldn’t go as far as that. There are numerous other brands that produce fantastic vegan protein powders. Still, if you’re looking for a tasteful and organic source of protein at a reasonable price, Olly is definitely a brand to consider. It will provide you with numerous benefits and the protein boost your body needs to function properly.
However, before you start using Olly protein powder, be sure you understand the right amount of protein you need to consume to meet your needs. Overdosing protein can be harmful. If you want the powder to work its magic, you’ll need to find that ideal amount.
If you have any more questions regarding Olly protein powder, leave a comment below or contact us via social media. And for more tips and guides on vegan diet and fitness, visit our site regularly. At Vegan Liftz, it’s our mission to provide you with the information you need to build your muscle and boost your workout performance while remaining true to your vegan principles.