Athletic Greens vs Organifi
Which Green Juice Is the Better Choice?
‘ve been gulping back the green goop for many years now, and I’ve tried almost every brand, tincture and mix possible.
And if you’re planning on drinking gloopy green swamp water every morning, too, you want to be sure that it’s incredibly good for you, and if at all possible tastes as little like Shrek’s used underwear as possible.
So let’s compare Athletic Greens Vs Organifi to see whose the greenest green of them all. I’ve got the inside scoop – read this green superfood review to find out more.
If you want a Straight-up answer:
“Organifi Green juice has most of what Athletic Greens has at a fraction of the price!”
What is Athletic Greens?
If you don’t know what Athletic Greens are, then you must be new to the superfood powder industry game in general.
They are almost certainly the most prominent brand out there with the reputation and price tag to match.
This green superfood supplement has been endorsed by Tim Ferriss in his 4-hour body workout, and by Joe Rogan on his health and fitness podcast.
Some of the benefits the product claims to provide include a boosted immune system, lowered blood sugar, hormonal balance, and complete detoxification.
Athletic Greens is The most complete green juice powder with the most health benefits
– Joe Rogan, Comedian, Podcast Host and MMA Commentator.
Read our Athletic Greens review or other comparisons:
What is Organifi Green Juice?
- Gently dried super greens: Now, you can get all your nutrient-filled superfoods in one glass for powerful stress relief and immune support! Just scoop it into 8 oz. of water or your morning smoothie mix. No Shopping, No Blending, No Juicing, and No Cleanup!
- Organic greens powder in a bottle: Imagine drinking some of the world’s premium nourishing superfoods in one glass. Our proprietary vegan drink mix can provide your body with vital nutrients and support weight control. It’s the perfect addition to a balanced diet and exercise routine.
- Results you can see: Imagine how you will feel once you start getting a daily dose of greens that’s ready in minutes. Improving your diet is always recommended, and Organifi Green Juice makes it easy and enjoyable. For even better results, follow it up with Organifi Protein Powder later in the day.
- Get the most out of what you’re paying for: Each scoop is packed with nutritious whole foods, including ashwagandha, moringa, spirulina, chlorella, coconut water, wheatgrass, red beet, matcha green tea, turmeric, lemon, and prebiotic powder. Get it all in an easy-to-mix gluten-free powder form. And at 30 servings per bottle, you get a full 30-day supply.
- Contributing to the World We Live In: Organifi’s top-quality blends are shared across the globe. We started with a simple idea to make nutrition easy and delicious for everyone. This turned into a mission to unite the world through community, wholeness, and habit transformation.
Athletic Greens Vs Organifi Ingredients
Alkaline Greens, Nutrient-Dense, Raw Superfood Complex
Organic spirulina, lecithin, organic apple powder, inulin, organic wheatgrass juice powder (leaf), organic alfalfa powder (leaf), organic chlorella powder, organic barley leaf powder, carica papaya powder (fruit), pineapple concentrate, bilberry fruit extract, beet root powder, rosehip powder, carrot root powder, spinach leaf powder, cocoa bean polyphenol extract, grapeseed extract, green tea leaf extract, licorice root powder, goji extract, ginger rhizome powder, slippery elm bark powder, kelp powder.
Nutrient Dense Natural Extracts, Herbs, and Antioxidants
Alkaline pea protein isolate, citrus bioflavonoids extract, globe artichoke extract, citric acid, rhodiola rosea extract, eleutherococcus senticosus root extract, gotu kola extract, rosemary extract, milk thistle seed extract, alpha-lipoic acid, ashwaganda root extract, dandelion root extract, hawthorn root extract, beta glucans, policosanol, co-enzyme Q-10, stevia.
Digestive Enzymes & Super Mushrooms Complex
Astragalus root extract, bromelain, burdock root powder, reishi mushroom powder, shiitake mushroom powder.
Dairy Free Probiotics
Lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium bifidum.
If you were going just on the number of components and nutrient density, Athletic Greens is the clear winner. It has 75 listed ingredients spread among its four different proprietary blends. Atheltic Greens claim that their patented mix provides a greens powder that is much more potent than the sum of its parts.
It would be exhausting to list every ingredient, but their site does well to document why each was included and the benefit it provides.
Alkaline Greens Proprietary Blend
Organic wheatgrass, organic wheat grass juice powder, organic horseradish tree leaf, organic spirulina, organic chlorella, organic matcha green tea.
Super Food Proprietary Blend
Organic coconut water powder, organic ashwagandhaextract, organic red beet, organic turmeric.
When you’re looking at the ingredients list of these superfood supplements, the first thing you’ll notice is the difference in numbers, but this might not play out how you think it would.
By having a smaller number of ingredients, it means Organifi’s blend of those is in higher concentrations.
By having fewer ingredients, Organifi ensures that you are getting more of what works, even if it is still shrouded in its precise dosage behind a proprietary mixture.
Need more nutrient from Ashwagandha? Here’s a list of the best adhwagandha supplementsyou can add to your diet?
Athletic Greens Vs Organifi Nutritional Profiles
- 4g protein
- 1.9g fiber
- 4.8g carbs
- 40+ calories
- 20% of manganese
- 20% of chromium
- 100% of zinc
- 35% of selenium
- 100% RDA of essential B’s
- 300% of vitamin E
- 80% of vitamin A
- 100% of vitamin K2
- 700% of vitamin C
This is another area in which the fight between Athletic Greens vs Organifi seems incredibly one-sided. Athletic Greens features an awe-inspiring range of micronutrients, and it provides the health benefits of the green powder, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- 2g protein
- 4g fiber
- 4g carbs
- 30 calories
- 11% of iron
- 3% of calcium
When it comes to nutrition label and checking against the RDA levels for vitamins and minerals, Organifi is looking like a much less balanced option.
While this does paint a pretty clear picture in favor of Athletic Greens, we should bear in mind that the primary function of a green superfood powder blend like this is not vitamins and minerals, rather the health benefits of the fruit, vegetables, and extracts used.
Athletic Greens Vs Organifi Cost
There’s no way to get around this without just openly admitting that Athletic Greens is possibly one of the most expensive super greens blends on the market. At about $100 for 30 servings, you’re looking at around $3.25 per scoop, and this drops to $2.50 a scoop if you make the most of the subscription savings.
Now you could make an argument that the green superfood powder is priced appropriately for the sheer amount of ingredients included, but as we don’t know if that proprietary formula is 98% rosemary, how can we know that for sure?
Even though it is marketed as all organic, all natural, and also with matcha green tea and other superfood powders all taking pride of place in the ingredient list, Organifi Green Juice is a relatively cheap superfood green supplement. A tub of 30 servings ranges from $60 to $80, which works out to about $2.25 per scoop, which drops to $1.50 per scoop if you buy three at once.
Do They Work?
No matter if it’s non-GMO or quite the opposite, comparing and contrasting the two green superfood powder products when taken at the recommended daily intake is difficult.
Without a registered dietician and physician to track their effect on your overall health, performance, and vitality, you have to rely purely on how they make you feel.
I believe there is a certain amount of placebo effect in that just taking the time to prepare the health tonic every morning will surely infuse your body/psyche with a sense of wellbeing.
That being said, I do feel my energy levels, digestive health, and mental well-being all receive a massive positive impact from both green superfoods. This is coming from someone who had problems with the digestive system in the past.
Related Green Superfood Supplement: Amazing Grass Green Superfood
If you like matcha green tea or are just looking for extra greens in your diet in general, then check out some green tea supplements.
Athletic Greens Vs Organifi: Which Is Better Overall?
Fundamentally it’s a case of apples and oranges. Which one should you take to be healthier? Both, ideally.
Athletic Greens is excellent if you are looking for a one-stop-shop for a wide range of supplemental needs. It had a vast array of superstar ingredients like wheat grass, beet root, reishi mushroom, and shiitake mushroom, as well as the added benefit of the included digestive enzymes.
Organifi has a much reduced overall ingredients list, which inevitably means proven ingredients like spirulina feature much higher in the mix. You get more of the things that have been proven and less of the ones with a bit of a question mark like rosemary.
It’s hard to review and get into any real depth with both juice powders because they are both hidden behind a proprietary blend, which means we don’t know the true makeup of either.
On paper, Athletic Greens does appear to offer more, unfortunately it’s also mirrored in the cost.
If I had to pick one, I would pick Organifi, but hey, it’s all about personal preference.
My recommendation is also mirrored in the endorsement and the reviews from their many happy customers.
What about you? Do you have a favorite among these two brands or are you gunning for completely different green food supplement? Share with us in the comments below.
- Gently dried super greens: now, you can get all your nutrient-filled superfoods in one glass for pow
- Organic greens powder in a bottle: imagine drinking some of the world's premium nourishing superfood
- Results you can see: imagine how you will feel once you start getting a daily dose of greens thats r
- Get the most out of what youre paying for: each scoop is packed with nutritious whole foods, includi
- Contributing to the world we live in: organifis top-quality blends are shared across the globe. we s
- Why is My Poop Black: Uncovering the Causes and Solutions - December 21, 2023
- Clear Protein Drinks: Optimal Hydration and Muscle Support for Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts - December 21, 2023
- Does Apple Juice Make You Poop: Uncovering the Digestive Effects - November 29, 2023